FREIGHT
EQUIPMENT

owned by CNY NRHS

Click on photos for larger images.

  Wood Caboose: NYC #19144
New York Central shops

History
Built in 1910 at one of the New York Central shops as #19144 → Purchased for use as hot dog stand c.1968 → Purchased by Chapter member Bob Newman and restored → Donated to CNY NRHS 8/17/1986
On display at New York State Fairgrounds

  N7A Bay Window Caboose: NYC #21775
St. Louis Car Company

History
Built in 1952 by the St. Louis Car Company for the New York Central; originally painted oxide red and numbered 20313 → Repainted jade green in the 1960s and renumbered as 21775 in 1966. Number retained by Penn Central in 1968 → Painted blue, retaining Number 21775 under Conrail after 1976 → Purchased by Speno Rail Service in 1980s; one end rebuilt for use in maintenance of way → Donated to CNY NRHS in 1988
On display at New York State Fairgrounds

  N5 Cupola Caboose: PRR #477566
Pennsylvania Railroad Juniata Shops, Altoona PA

History
Built in 1927 as Pennsylvania Railroad Class N5 caboose #477566 and painted Tuscan Red → Renumbered #19059 and painted green by Penn Central after 1968 → Repainted blue by Conrail after 1976 → Acquired by CNY NRHS
On display at Central Square Museum

  Cupola Caboose: LeHigh Valley #95033

History
According to the Anthracite Railroad Historical Society, #95033 entered service on April 24, 1944, and was painted Freight Car Red with a black roof → Renumbered as 18694 by Conrail after 1976 → Acquired by CNY NRHS
In Storage at Martisco Station Museum

  Two-Bay Open Hopper: DL&W

History
Delaware, Lackawana and Western → Erie Lackawana → CNY NRHS
In storage at Martisco Station Museum

  Single Dome Tank Car:
Syracuse Candle and Wax

History
Syracuse Candle & Wax → CNY NRHS
In storage at Martisco Station Museum

  Model 15 Burro Crane

In service at Martisco