LOCOMOTIVES
owned by CNY NRHS
Click on photos for larger images.

 

Tim Henderson paints GG1 into Amtrak colors during summer 2009.

 

Lionel offered its tinplate GG1 as the Chapter's Amtrak 926 during 2011.

 

  GG1: Amtrak #926
Altoona Works (Juniata Shops), Serial 4428

 

History
Built in March 1943 as Pennsylvania Railroad #4933 →PC #4933 →Amtrak #4926 → Amtrak #926 →CNY NRHS
Amtrak retired its GG1s in 1981. Number 926 was one of six GG1s painted in the Amtrak "Platnum Mist," red hood, and blue stripe scheme. Chapter member Ollie Kenyon purchased #926 and donated it to the CNY NRHS.
On display at New York State Fairgrounds

  0-4-0T: #53
American Locomotive Company (Alco)

 

History
Number 53 was a coal fired switching/industrial locomotive built by Alco in 1923 for the Jamesville Quarry of Solvay Process Company. It was purchased by Dr. Stanley Groman for his tourist railroad and museum at Rail City, located at Sandy Pond, NY. When Rail City closed and its assets sold, Dr. Gromanís son Robert donated the 53 to the CNY NRHS.
On display at Central Square Museum

  Narrow Gauge (36") 0-4-0T #3
Vulcan Iron Works

 

History
This 18-ton locomotive was built in September 1922 by Vulcan Iron Works of Wilkes-Barre PA. It was owned by the General Crushed Stone Company and used at its quarry in LeRoy, near Rochester. After being retired from service, the locomotive sat unused for many years before the company donated it to the CNY NRHS. It was moved to Central Square in November 1995 and cosmetically restored.
On display at Central Square Museum

  GE 45 Ton Switcher: Crucible #40
General Electric

 

History
Number 40 is a 45 ton switching locomotive built by General Electric for the Crucible Steel Company in Syracuse in July 1948. It was donated to the CNY NRHS in 2013.
On display at New York State Fairgrounds.

  GE 28 Ton Switcher
General Electric

 

History
This 28 ton switching locomotive was built by General Electric in 1941 for the Wickwire Brothers Inc. mill in Cortland. It was acquired by CNY NRHS member John Blair, who loaned it for display in 1995. (Central Square curator Bob Townsend painted the locomotive in a NYO&W paint scheme since that is Mr. Blair's favorite railroad, but the locomotive was never painted this way while in service.)
On display at Central Square Museum