PASSENGER CARS
owned by CNY NRHS

Click on photos for larger images.

 

  MP-54A1c MU Coach: LIRR #1149
Pennsylvania Railroad Juniata Shops

History
Built in 1930 as LIRR #1149 → Renumbered #4149 in 1963 → Withdrawn from service in 1971 → Acquired by CNY NRHS in 1975
>Click here to read full history<
On display at New York State Fairgrounds

  Coach: Delaware & Hudson #229
Barney and Smith Company

 

History
Built in 1916 as D&H 229 → Modernized in 1943 → Donated to CNY NRHS in 1968 → Leased back to D&H in 1975 → Returned to CNY NRHS in 1977
On display at New York State Fairgrounds

  Combine: B&O #1302
Pullman Company

 

History
Built around 1920 for Baltimore and Ohio Railroad's "National Limited" as a baggage-dorm-lounge → Modernized in 1940 → Acquired by CNY NRHS in 1969
On display at New York State Fairgrounds

  Sales Car: Former PRR Coach

 

History
Originally built as a coach for the Pennsylvania Railroad. Designated as Class P70fbR, it had unique and unusual porthole windows on both sides of one end for lavatories. Many of these cars were used in commuter services late in their lives by the PRR and successor Penn Central → Conrail → Acquired by New York State Operation Life Saver for use as a display car → Acquired by CNY NRHS in 2016 for use as a sales store.
On display at New York State Fairgrounds

 


  Business Car: D&RGW 102
Pullman Company

History
Built in 1910 as Western Pacific (Denver & Rio Grande Western subsidiary) "heavyweight" steel coach #893 → Renumbered as D&RGW #924 on 2/6/1924 → Converted to coach "outfit" car (dormitory or "camp" car) #924 at D&RGW Burnham shops near Denver 10/12/1929 → Rebuilt into Business Car #102 at Burnham using 3-axle trucks from baggage car #740 3/27/1930 (this #102 replaced former #102 D&RGW "Ballyclare," which was renumbered #103) → Air conditioned 7/1941 → Modernized with sealed windows in 1950s → Retired to Harris Allen & Associates in Tucson, AZ., 12/28/1964 → Later acquired by Clifford Thomas of Minneapolis, MN. → Purchased by Charles Belgarde and placed on display in Plymouth, MN., in 1971 → Later sold to Carolina Southern in Conway, SC., which was shut down by FRA in 2011 due to defective bridges → Came into possession of Iowa Pacific Holdings in 2012 → Transferred to CNY NRHS in 2013.
On display at New York State Fairgrounds